Doctor of Dental Medicine, Pre-Dentistry,
Dental Hygiene, Dental Technology
(049) 511-9778, (049) 411-1106
Dr. Roldan D. Concepcion
Dean, College of Dentistry
It was born in 1993 with eighteen (18) pre-dental students. It was founded by late Dr. Jose G. Tamayo, the first President of the University of Perpetual Help Laguna. He was helped by Dr. Karen B. Tamayo, the Executive Director of the Medicine and Health Sciences.
Located accessibly to most of the clients at the National Highway, Sto. Niño, Biñan, Laguna, it had graduated its first dental doctors in 2000, eight (8) out of nine (9) with a rating of 88.88% in the dentist licensure examination. During the school year 2003-2004, it had the most enrollees numbered at two-hundred twelve (212).
The current President, Dr. Antonio L. Tamayo and Chancellor, Dr. Arcadio L. Tamayo have always supported the College especially the improvement of its physical facilities, the latest of which is the College of Dentistry Dental Infirmary.
The College has grown and expanded that added to its prestigious reputation
Dean Roldan D. Concepcion is also the Executive Director of the UPH- Dr. Jose G. Tamayo Medical University. Dr. Concepcion, a very dynamic and trustworthy leader, was the Past President of the Laguna Dental Chapter (1999-2000). He was also elected as the Treasurer of the Philippine Association of Dental Colleges (PADC) in May 2007. He still holds the position. He was the Acting Dean of the College from April 1998 to May 1999, Dean from 1999 to present. Head of Departments are the following: Dr. Mary Ann C. Parocha-Restorative Dentistry; Oral Surgery Dr. Grace M. Leopando; Oral Medicine-Dr. Walter Del Rosario and Dr. Renaldi Susim Prosthodontics.
Achivements and Activity Involvement
LEVEL 1 FORMAL ACCREDITED STATUS-PACUCOA
- Out of 81 graduates, 67 passed the Dental Board Examinations from Batch 2000 to 2005
- One of the Top Ten Dental School in the Country from 2002-2008 Professional Regulation Commission (PRC)
- Top 2 Performing Dental School May 2001, December 2002 and December 2005
- 100% Passing percentage May 2010 Dental Board Examination
- 80% Passing percentage December 2010 Dental Board Examination
- Top 4 Dr. Maria Christina S. Roda, December 2004
- Top 8 Dr. Elkie Noah A. Lumagui , December 2004
- National Dental Health Week Celebration, February 1997 at Luneta Park, Manila
- Philippine Dental Students Association (PDSA) Convention, October 2003, Iloilo City
- First Runner Up- Dental School Festival Dancing Competition- SM Mall of Asia , 2008
- First Runner Up- Inter Dental School Cheering Competition - SM Mall of Asia , 2009
- Free dental services by Dental Health Team in Albay, Batangas, Cavite, Ilocus Sur, Oriental Mindoro, Pangasinan, Quezon, Ilocos Sur, Camarines Sur, Laguna, Muntinlupa City, Quezon City headed by Dr. Regalado Dela Paz, Dr. Renaldi H. Susim and Dr. Grace M. Leopando
- SCHOLARSHIPCOLGATE PHILIPPINES gives twenty-five thousand pesos (P25,000.00) every year to a deserving senior dental student of UPHL College of Dentistry.
- Philippine Dental Association (PDA); Philippine Association of Dental Colleges (PADC); Philippine Dental Students Association (PDSA); Laguna Dental Chapter (LDC)
- The College is recognized by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and Professional Regulation Commission (PRC). To date, the College has sustained and maintained its prestigious reputation earned at its early stage.